Save the Children is a global child rights organisation with a dual mandate to deliver world-class, quality programming in health, education and child protect and to be the leading INGO for children in emergencies.
Save the Children:
• reaches 50 million children every year
• raises $1.4 billion for children every year
• has 30 national organizations in North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia
• works in more than 90 countries and has over 15,000 employees
This role will advocate and communicate for policy change in the United Nations in New York, on Save the Children’s priority issues – emergencies and humanitarian reform, child survival, child protection, and child rights.
Qualifications and experience
Master’s degree is desirable in international relations, development, political science, law or relevant field. Bachelor’s degree is essential.
- Proven track record of policy influencing with government and civil society
- Strong understanding of the United Nations system and multi-lateral systems
- A proven ability to build networks with diverse partners in pursuit of common goals
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of audiences
- Background in one of Save the Children’s priority issues - children in humanitarian and emergency settings, child survival, child protection, child rights, education, legal and rights frameworks
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally
- Results oriented, with experience in developing and monitoring performance
- An ability to work flexibly in a team, and to adjust work plan and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities
- Office management experience would be an advantage
- Experience of working in developing countries would be an advantage
- Knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
- A commitment to the Save the Children Values
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please note that application for tis role close on 11th April 2012
To Apply please send a CV and covering letter to :email@example.com